Cannabis plants are made up of various chemical compounds called cannabinoids. With over one hundred cannabinoids found in your average cannabis plant, these compounds are what give marijuana a distinct feature as compared to other kinds of plants and agricultural products. Out of all these, there are mainly two (2) kinds of cannabinoids that stand out from the rest. They are considered to be the main driving force of marijuana when it comes to inducing psychoactive and mind-altering effects. These are tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol. People may know them better as THC and CBD, respectively.
In this article, we are going to give you guys a brief explanation of how cannabinoids work in the body. Additionally, we prepared a list of the Best THC Seeds to have in your very own marijuana garden. Let’s get started!
HOW DO CANNABINOIDS AFFECT THE BODY?
Our bodies contain a certain endocannabinoid system that generally acts as a signaling and communication center for various bodily functions. While the endocannabinoid system functions regularly even without the introduction of THC into your body, consuming marijuana will definitely activate it when consumed in an ample amount.
Basically, the THC and cannabinoids found in marijuana travel into your bloodstream and make their way to the endocannabinoid system. From there, receptors that are scattered all throughout the body are activated by the cannabinoids immediately after coming in contact with the body system. As a result, bodily functions, and other factors such as behavior, sleep, hunger, reaction time, and even memory.
BEST THC MARIJUANA-BASED STRAINS
- Girl Scout Cookies – The Girl Scout Cookies, also known as GSC, is a very potent and rich marijuana strain that contains the perfect amount of THC for an enjoyable yet not too overwhelming high. With a stunning THC level that averages around 25%, the GSC strain will take you on a blissful trip and introduce you to some amazing effects. While it is a rather new strain, having been developed in 2011, GSC has taken the cannabis scene by storm. In the short period of time that it has been around, Girl Scout Cookies was already able to rack up some awards in various competitions.
- Grand Daddy Purple – As a very flavorful and fruity strain, the Grand Daddy Purple has been held in high regard by many cannabis enthusiasts and experts around the world. Constantly being named into Top Ten lists here and there, the Grand Daddy Purple is definitely a must-try for those looking to get their usual THC fix. With a modest THC level of 18% to 20%, this strain provides a very exquisite range of flavors that compliment the full-bodied high that it comes with. It is a native strain in Northern California where it continues to be developed extensively.
- Original Skunk – Original Skunk, or Skunk #1 as others like to call it, is a very pure and well-balanced indica-dominant marijuana strain. It is one of the very first hybrids and makes use of three very famous and reliable parent strains: the Colombian, Afghani, and Mexican landrace genetics. Skunk #1 has withstood the tests of time and has continuously been praised for its cerebral sensations and calming buzzes. As one of the pioneers for marijuana hybrids, Skunk #1 has led to the development of countless marijuana variants such as the classic Cheese and Lemon Skunk strains.
- Blueberry – A longtime favorite among cannabis enthusiasts and beginners alike, Blueberry is one of the most versatile and reliable marijuana strains in the market today. Because of its ability to produce a very calming and enjoyable high without producing too much of a heavy feeling, Blueberry is perfect for anyone looking to chill out and enjoy long hours of the day. With a THC content of around 18%, Blueberry keeps users uplifted while providing them with some strong relaxation bombs that sweep through your whole body.
- OG Kush – OG Kush is undoubtedly the most famous marijuana strain that has ever been developed throughout all the years of cannabis existence. A native to the West Coast and a staple in almost every cannabis scene around the world, OG Kush is a name that is familiar even outside the walls of the cannabis community. With a THC level of 24%, OG Kush has been able to collect some of the most prestigious awards across the globe due to its astonishing effects. With a trademark scent and a flavor that is hard to deny, OG Kush is, without a doubt, the King of All Cannabis Strains.
Here are our picks for the best THC-based strains in the market today. Of course, there are dozens of strains out there that are just as capable and amazing as these ones. Feel free to browse the different selections and varieties of marijuana that we have on our website. Happy smoking!